Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Whats been Cooking!

I have decided to follow in Kim's footsteps and post what I have been cooking lately. As many of you know, cooking is not high on my "what I love" list. I have never really enjoyed it and so I never have really cooked much. I have been inspired by many of my friends and my sister Amy. Amy loves to cook and always has great ideas and recipes. I sat down yesterday to make my menu for the week and my grocery list. I picked several recipes from the recipe blog so that made things easier. I saw Kim at the grocery and I told her how amazed I was about how empty my basket seemed since I was shopping off of a list. I am very proud of myself for cooking the past two nights in a row. I have challenged myself to start cooking more for me Kris and Ty. It is also so nice to be able to sit down and eat as a family and be able to visit with Ty about his day.

So, with all of that said here is what's cooking this week!

Monday - Rotisserie Chicken, Rice, Spinach Salad, applesauce and watermelon
(This meal was very easy because the chicken was already cooked.)

Tuesday - Fettucine Alfredo, Garlic Bread and applesauce.
( I have been serving applesauce with every meal because it is so easy and Ty and Kris love it. Recipe can be found here.)

Wednesday - Chicken and Dumplings with peas, Salad and Strawberries
(Recipe can be found here.)

Thursday - Homemade Sloppy Joes, Zesty Fries, and applesauce

Friday - Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Fruit Salad
(Recipe can be found here)

3 comments:

Beth Hames said...

Okay, now this is just not cool. I decided to make you my role model after I found out you didn't cook. Now what am I supposed to do? ARGH!

Kim said...

You menu looks good. I will have to try out the applesauce soon, it sounds good!

CM said...

Work it Beth! Kim has also been an inspiration to me - I printed out our planned menu about 2 weeks ago. I went grocery shopping for the ingredients. And I think we've made 1 of the meals so far. But it's all about baby steps, right?