Wednesday, September 9, 2009

This afternoon...

I arrived home with my two precious boys. We did homework and bathed before doing anything else. Then, I decided to start making dinner which was delicious chicken spaghetti! I was gracefully chopping my onion when I decided to do this to my thumb...

I hollered at Ty to go get me a band-aid. Of course, he comes back with the smallest Sponge Bob band-aid I had ever seen. I could not get my finger to stop bleeding so I kept getting new paper towels to hold on it. While I was holding the paper towel I continued to keep cooking.

After putting everything together. This is what I had. Next, was to put the chicken in...

and man did I have a lot of chicken. It was interesting cutting all of that with a bum thumb! In the meantime I had this cute little one at my feet wanting me to hold him. How can I resist that smile.

After we ate we sat around the dinner table and just talked about our day together. Man, do I love these two little boy's. They are so precious to me! I would go through anything for them.

Thank goodness a had a lot of this to get me through the late afternoon/early evening! Have any of you ever had a day like this when you get home? I would do it all over again to have this time with my boy's and Kris. I am trying to cook more so we can spend time together as a family at dinner! I had this time when I was younger and I think it is so important! I hope my boy's will remember this when they have families of their own.

2 comments:

Julie Walker said...

I'm sorry about your thumb! I hear you about the vino, it always helps that 5-6pm time when things get crazy!!

Andrea said...

I love this post - besides the bum thumb it is really sweet to peek inside an evening with your family. Tucker's big smile is adorable!