Monday, November 9, 2009

Let's Talk Laundry...

It's no surprise that I can't stand doing laundry. I have voiced my dismay for a long time, especially to my family and to poor Kris. I try to take cue's from my sister-n-law, Sharon, who loves doing laundry and finds it quite therapeutic. I have been doing quite a bit of laundry the last two days since Ty has had the flu. I thought I would post a few of my favorite things that make doing my laundry a little bit easier.

I use Tide he powder in my front loader. The liquid is known to cause a mildew smell in front loaders.

Downy is my favorite softener. It makes our clothes smell so good and it also make them so soft. The Lavender/Vanilla is my favorite scent. I also use the Downy ball instead of pouring the softener into my machine. With the ball, you pour the softener in it and then place the ball into the barrel of your machine. It automatically releases the liquid when you have started the cycle.



I also love using a pretty container to keep my powder in. It makes me feel a little bit better about doing my laundry! This one is from Pottery Barn outlet but I have seen some very similar to this one at Target, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Wal-Mart and TJ-Maxx.

I hope this inspires you to enjoy doing your laundry.

3 comments:

Amy said...

OK, I'm your sister so I can say this. The problem with your laundry is that you spend all your time taking pictures and writing about your laundry rather than actually DOING the laundry!! :) Can we say PROCRASTINATION at it's finest????? love you!

simply fabulous said...

I actually have all of mine done at one time for once! Only probably because Ty is sick! Ha!!!

CM said...

I absolutely love it that your laundry room is decorated and so pretty! Maybe if ours looked like that I wouldn't have such an aversion to going in there. I say, if you have to do laundry, make it enjoyable!!